The End Is Near

The End Is Near
2nd Amendment



A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.



Friday, September 17, 2010

When Do You Need To Bug Out?

At what point do you bug out? What is the single event that makes you jump up and run? I think I will shelter in place until I have to bug out but I think this is the plan for a lot of people, but I don't want to wait to long and have a problem getting out of dodge. I think I live in a nice size town and we are about 35 miles from Sacramento and less to the open woods and some nice area to bug out to, but this is what every other person here will be thinking so I have two real nice out of the way BOL to go to and both are very close to me and I know that not very many people know about the two areas. Me and the wife have been there very many times and have set out a few caches with needed items in them. But what will be you line in the sand? What will get you to bug out and hit the road? As for me when the collapse hits I will start the bug out and be ready in about one or two hours. I have a truck and small trailer and can load them both in a very short time. With me the wife and three kids we can take a few routes I have planed out. I would scout out ahead of the group and make sure we could go on. I know that no plan is 100% but I have worked out my plan and think it will work. I hope we can get the RV soon and get out on the road full time. I just don't see us having much time till the collapse so I am working on the back up to the back up plan. Keep up your prepping and stay on the task of survival, because your life will depend on it one day soon. Life goes on........will you?

3 comments:

  1. Pete, have you seen the documentary "Collapse" yet?
    I watched it the other day. I would recommend it. found it on you tube and netflix. Just passin it along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I can't understand the allure of becoming a REFUGE. If you really don't feel safe where you live, you should move now. No job, amount of money, family, etc. should keep you in a place that you feel insecure.

    I understand that you are in transition right now so thinking about bugging out in a survival situation is appropriate. At least you are trying to change.

    I just don't understand the yuppie survivalist you spend oodles of $$ on BOV and BOB when they could just move and sleep better at night.

    Idaho Homesteader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't care if it's plan A or plan Z there's just no such thing as a failsafe plan.
    Thinking on those lines keeps ya thinkin'!
    Never stop thinkin' Pete..

    ReplyDelete