The End Is Near

The End Is Near
2nd Amendment



A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.



Monday, November 9, 2009

More On Preps

I know most of us are working on our preps. If you are anything like me you never feel like you have enough of what you are stocking up on. When I get to a point that I feel like I'm getting close to having enough, it's at that point I look at what I have and think, "I could use two time what I have". I work on my preps every week and sometimes I do something with my preps everyday. One day it could be something as small as adding a few cans of soup that I got on sale and the next day it can be something as big as adding three or four 5 gallon buckets of salt, sugar or flour. Every day I add to my preps I feel a little better about my survival and the survival of my family. I was at Wal-Mart today and saw the LED clear lights I want to get after the Christmas shopping season I will watch for this item to be marked down. I got some glow sticks today from the markdown area, they were .25 cents a piece. I got 15 of them and I think I will go to the other Wal-Mart near me and see if they have any left.
Just keep it in your mind that when you are out and about keep an eye out for items you can use for survival. I always check out the markdown area. Last year I was at Wal-Mart and checked out the markdown area and found Mt. House freeze dried food the camping ones in the pouch. I bought all they had and checked all the stores near me and cleared them all out. So keep an eye out for deals and if you see something that is a seasonal item wait till they mark it down, so you can get the item you want and save money to.
And remember this year is going to be a bad shopping season so wait for the sales. I'm sure most stores will be running big sales as soon as they see the shopping season is going bad to worse. So just keep your eyes open and shop smart.

1 comment:

  1. I try to do something productive each day as well, normally canning something, shopping deals or even working in the garden to save seed for next year. If you do a little at a time, it isn't nearly as overwhelming.

    Last year we shopped the day-after-Christmas sales, and I came home with 6 huge pillar candles for under a dollar each and 2-packs of chaffing gel for 2$ each. Heat and light...gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete