The End Is Near

The End Is Near
2nd Amendment



A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.



Sunday, July 25, 2010

Urban Survival And A Cache System

I live in a city, it's not very big but is only 30 miles from a very large city. I don't plan to bug out but to stay in place for as long as I can. I do have a plan in case I need to bug out but I would like to stay in place and make a go of it. I know my area and the things I can get from different parts of my area. Like I know four places where I can get water from within a half mile of my home base. I know every store and what items it has in it to go after when the collapse hits. I have a list of fire stations, gas stations, drug stores, hardware stores and other stores to check out after the collapse. I plan to survive and I plan to do it with as much gear as I can store or find. I am working on setting up small area where I have cache tubes set up. I know as most survivalist know we can't always go with our first plan or even the second, so we have a back up plan for the back up plan. I know there may come a day when I need to bug out to save my life and my families lives. So I am in the process up setting up cache tubes with needed items in it. I have set out four so far and all are within a half mile of my home base. I know that when I'm out looking around for needed items I may need supplies but not want to or not be able to go to home base, so I have set out resupply tubes.
What's in each one:
50 rounds of 22LR
50 rounds of 9mm
100 rounds of .223
Datrex 3600 Emergency Food Bar
Six packs or Ramen noodles
Bic Lighter with Four Fire starter Bars
8'x8' Plastic Tarp 4-6mil
Two emergency candles
Bag or two of silica-gel (to help with water)
I set out the tubes so if I am out on a recon or looking for supplies I can restock and not have to go to home base. There may come a time where a person or small group is following me and I don't want to lead them to my home base. So I would walk around for days to look like a nomad with no home. I could use my supplies in my pack and go to all four tubes and get the other needed supplies and lead any one away from my home base. I do plan to set out four more tubes in the next few weeks to give me a total of eight cache tubes. All will be within 3/4 to one mile of my home base. After I have them all in place I will start to plant my bug out cache tubes. I think to start with I will put two tubes out for each route I have a plan for, which at this time is three ways out of my city. The first tube will be out at about two miles from home base and then the next will be out about five miles from the first tube. It's about 15-20 miles to my bug out area so I'm sure I will set up a few more for when I get near the new home base. I already have a nice cache set up at the bug out area with ammo, food, an extra gun or two and some other items. I have been working on this for over a year and still have a lot of work to do. I think every one needs a cache system for there survival. So sit down and plan one out if you have any questions just post it in the comments of e-mail me at californiasurvivalist2009@yahoo.com I will do my best to help you get started on your cache system.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's a great post!Something I've been meaning to do,have thought a lot a about,but haven't done it.Thanks for the kick in the backside ain't I the one that sez before the crisis?Thanks Pete!

    China
    III

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Pete, this does reinforce the idea of not putting your eggs in one basket or relying on being able to keep or use your resources at home..

    ReplyDelete