The End Is Near

The End Is Near
2nd Amendment



A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.



Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Had A Lot To Do And Got A Lot Done.

This weekend I worked on my food stores. I looked over and counted every thing. My food supplies are 80% Mt. House #10 cans and the rest is 5 gallon buckets with dried foods. I moved some of my 5 gallon buckets to put all of them in one place. As of right now for me my wife and the one kid I have at home I'm sure we have a year or more worth of food, and this is not including my food I get from my fishing and our garden. I look at the fish and garden as the extra or my fall-back food. Plus I'm not including any hunting, which I can do and I do well. I'm no expert but I know my way around hunting and there are lots of good things to hunt near me. I do expect as the SHTF for food not just at the stores but the food we hunt to get gone very fast. Most people don't know how to fish or hunt, but the ones that do we be doing it and I would expect that this skill will be very useful in a post SHTF event. As I have said before barter will be the new money and skills and trade items will be how most will make a living.
My friends time is short so get yourself ready and stock up on as much as you can, because food, water and other supplies will be your life line.

2 comments:

  1. So, on the Stay Alive site, you said you could have your house 'ready' in under an hour. What sort of provisions do you have in place if you don't mind my asking? One of my major concerns has been our sliding doors. They're fairly easy to lift off the track...but a couple sheets of plywood nailed up would help there.

    And if you don't mind my asking, what thoughts have you given to evacuation? If we HAD to evacuate, I honestly don't have a clue where we'd go. We're midway between the state capital and Wright-Patterson AFB, so conceivably, there could be terrorist issues, right? (Someone might be stewing about the whole Dayton Peace Accord or even a biological hazard from the base.) Just trying to think ahead, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have premade covers for all the windows in my home and can have them all up in an hour. And I have a few other things I can do to make my home ready.

    ReplyDelete