The End Is Near

The End Is Near
2nd Amendment



A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.



Monday, March 21, 2011

A Little Down Time And A Road Trip And I'm Back Home

I took a few days and went to see one of our kids out of state. Four day 1500 miles and 24 hours of driving and way to much for gas we are now back home. The trip was great just a little long but along the way we looked at a half a dozen lots of land and a few spots where we think we could move to but just about everyone of them had something I didn't like about it, THEY WE IN CALIFORNIA!! I did look at a few out side of California in AZ and they looked nice and had great potential but living 25-30 miles from the Mexico border is not in my game plan and never will be! So the trip was all about going to see my youngest girl and to bring her the rest of her stuff she left behind and not to find some land. I just wanted to look as we were going down the state. If I do stay here in this state it will not be south of where I'm at now I think it would have to be north, but I want to get out of this state. Our next road trip will be to the north to OR, WA and ID to look around for some good land. Hell all I want is 2-5 acres of  land where I can build a small home by hand, I'm done with the bankers, I will do it myself and pay as I go or I will do without. I will set up an RV to live in till I get the cabin/home built and do it in steps to get to the end goal. I would like a garden and some trees and a small amount of live stock for eggs, milk and meat. I want to get the hell out of the rat race and be left alone. I long for days of hard work where the rewards of the hard work is all for me and not the local, state and federal governments or my employer. Don't get me wrong I work for a great place and make good money for what I do I just want all my work to go to me some day.
Now that I'm back home I will be working on my preps the next few days I have four more days off from work and plan to work on my preps and my bug-out bag.

2 comments:

  1. We were just discussing a similar wish this morning. We really want to get out from under our house, and move to out to the Compound. Just trying to figure out the best way to get there. We don't mind working, but it feels wonderful to be out of debt (minus the house), and working to a self sustainied way of life. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your goals. Probably because they are the same as mine. A plot of land, build my own home, raise my own food. It's a ton of work but it feels so good. I'm well along on the path but still so far to go. I'm still stuck working right now. Like you, I like who I work for, but would rather put all my efforts into my homestead.

    ReplyDelete