The End Is Near

The End Is Near
2nd Amendment



A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.



Monday, October 25, 2010

Thinking About The Rest Of This Year

I find myself thinking more and more of the day we have ahead. I'm not sure what is down the road for us as a country but I am sure it's not going to be good. And I am sure that things are not going to be getting any better. I see the job market getting worse and more and more people going without a job. I think this Christmas shopping season will be the worst in many years and a lot of stores will close after this bad season of non-shopping. Here at our house we have talked about it and are cutting down our shopping for this Christmas. Our kids are 24, 24 and 20 so we are not talking about young kids. We are all making a small list of needed items that only cost $20 to $35 each and then we can pick for the list of items. Me and my wife will be as one so the kids can shop for both of us at the same time so our list is one list for both of us, I'm sure they need to save money to. And me and the wife talked and we want stuff on our prep list. We plan to get our kids one of the items off there list and one extra small item and a gift card for $25 from the store they like or the mall. We plan to go small and I'm sure many others are doing the same. For all three kids we are only going to spend $250 and for the few other family we will keep our cost down to $125, so with Christmas Cards and gifts we are only putting out $400 this year. Most years it's 3-4 times that amount, but not anymore from this year on we will go small and get needed items. I'm sure Christmas will be just as fun as always if not much better, because when you take the rush and fuss out of it Christmas is all about family and love.
Don't stop prepping and stay ready, because our time is short.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, Pete.

    We've cut back our spending over the past 2 or 3 years too. The kids get 3 gifts for Christmas...usually a toy they *really, really* want plus a book or craft item and a new pair of pj's/robe. St. Nick leaves something, but nothing major. 3 gifts were enough for Jesus, and it's enough for my kids too. It makes my mom crazy when I say that LOL

    For my family, I usually pick up something small I know they'll enjoy. My mom collects prints from a local artist and I normally pick up one each Christmas. My father in law enjoys homemade booze, so I'm making him some apple brandy. (Last year it was limoncello, the year before that blackberry cordial.) It's not how much you spend, it's the thought/effort you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Just wait (if the stuff doesn't hit the fan) until you have grandkids. We have to budget every month, all year, to make sure that all of 'em get something, and not only that, there are the birthdays, also.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not bitching. I love all of 'em to death. I wish that we were able to spend more than we do. But when you have 5 grown children, all with spouses, and 13, yeah, count 'em, 13 grandchildren, to do with what we have available, can get interesting, to say the least.

    With all of that said, let us not forget what the Christmas season is all about.....Jesus.

    'nuff for now,

    Bob
    III

    ReplyDelete