Survival Skills # 19
WEEKLY SHOPPING LIST
Making a shopping list for emergency preparedness and having a weekly list of “to buy items“. With a weekly list you will build up your stock and in no time be ready for most events.
1. Start a list of items you will need to have if an emergency hits.
2. Your list should have items like water, food , medical supplies and other items.
3. You need a place to store you supplies, and please don’t just stick them out in you shed or car-port you need them indoors away from heat and cold.
4. As you work on you list you will get to a point where you start to feel good about you stock of one or more items, if you get to that point then stop working on that item and pick up on another. But remember if you think you will need 20 cases of water, it is probable that you will need two times that if not three times.
5. Never stop your weekly shopping. If you have to cut back that’s ok just don’t stop. Buy something every week on your trip to the store.
6. And remember household items, like lamp oil, paper plates and many other items. I would say think as if you were going camping and had to cook all your meals outdoors, but think of it as a year or more trip.
7. Rethink your list from time to time, as your kids get older or you have new kids. You need to change the list as your life changes.