I found this on facebook, what do you think? What would you add?
1. Water filter - Without water you can only last 3 days, so having a way to filter your water is crucial. The last thing you want to do is get sick during a survival situation. Remember not all water filters remove viruses see contaminant size chart here.
2. Canteen w/ Cooking Cup - Once you find water you are going to want a way to take it with you, having a canteen with a cooking cup not only lets you do just that but also gives you a back up water purification method.
3. Survival knife - Having a good knife will help you build a shelter, clean game and even hunt for food plus provides minimal protection if needed.
4. Fire starter - Having a way to build fire can not only save you from hypothermia but is also lifts your moral. You should always have at least three ways to make fire.
5. Multi-Tool - Sometime you need more than just a knife, having a good multi-tool may let you do some things where a knife just won’t do.
6. Tarp or a Military Poncho – There are several different shelters that you can make with a tarp or a military poncho. Check out this infographic to learn some of them.
7. Hatchet - Having a hatchet will come in handy for building shelters, splitting firewood, protection, and cutting or digging through snow or ice.
8. First aid kit - Having a good first aid kit is mandatory if you spend anytime outdoors. If you go with a small pre-packaged kit, be sure to include these extra items: Dermabond to use for wound closure, some QuikClot to stop bleeding and a venom extractor kit for snakebites.
9. Paracord - There are so many ways you can use paracord, from setting a snare to constructing a shelter. Make sure you learn a few knots or keep a knot card along with it too.
10. Compass – Having a compass and some good navigational skills, you may just be able to find your way back to civilization. Some models come with a built-in magnifying glass used for zeroing in on map details, but may also be useful for starting a fire, removing splinters and insect stingers. Some also come with signaling mirrors.